San Francisco / Remote
Compensation: $100K - $130K, founding engineer equity
As one of our first engineers, expect to:
Architect, build, and own new product features from start to finish. Work directly with founders on roadmap and strategy. Shape direction through communicating with customers and gathering user feedback. Help us grow the team by interviewing and onboarding future engineers.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java/C++/Scala or equivalent for high performant production quality code.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration.
- Prior experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Strong data analytics skill is a plus.
- Empathetic & clear communicators.
- 3+ years software engineering experience.
- Willing to quickly learn new frameworks/technologies and execute independently.
- Familiar with Python, Flask/Django, Kafka/RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Docker.
- Startup experience (founding or early)
- Chess rating > 1700 on any major online platform
How to Apply:
Send over your resume, a little blurb about yourself, and why you're interested in the future of research to firstname.lastname@example.org.